
New York Dolls 'New York Dolls' double LP (1977)
The New York Dolls had the style, attitude, rawness and audacity to reinterpret the notion of punk as it had existed in the '60s (i.e., with no political sensibilities but a debt to R&B) to create a decidedly '70s over-the-edge new reality prior to punk. Although they made only two proper albums and were a meaningless relic by the time the Sex Pistols played their first gig, the Dolls singlehandedly began the local New York scene that later spawned the Ramones, Blondie, Television, Talking Heads and others. In 1977, Mercury repackaged both original Dolls albums together with new artwork and liner notes by Tony Parsons. - Trouser Press
So, enjoy this trash and then take a trip to Babylon before it's too late.
5 comments:
I bought this double lp when i was 15 for $5 and it changed my life. Your's looks like it's in much better condition than mine.
The best two RNR albums of all times!!!!
R.I.P. Johnny and Jerry
Thanks for all you do, man
Thanx for this one .
You do a great job .
Martin
When I say I'm in love you best believe I'm love l-u-v.
Post a Comment